Last night as I was preparing for my day today, I simply could not make up my mind on which workout to do! I considered “Body Works” (LA Fitness’ version of Body Pump, except instructors don’t necessarily follow a track) at 8:30am but it is with the same instructor I took Friday morning. She is great and all, but I needed a change so I contemplated a cycling class instead but it was another instructor I took last week. This leads me to some pet peeves during group exercise pet peeves.
- SAME ROUTINE/PLAYLIST ALL. THE. TIME. I think the best instructors are, not only those that will give you a serious sweat, but those that keep things interesting my changing up their music or workouts. While this particular instructor pushes you and has a Top 40 type playlist, he hardly changes up his playlist and/or routine. For example, I recently returned to LA Fitness after moving back home from school and only one or two songs have changed from his playlist since last summer!! Its really hard to get myself to show up to a class if I already know what to expect.
- LAZY INSTRUCTORS. Now, I understand that many instructors often teach multiple classes a day, but sometimes I get an instructor that is completely unmotivated. One instructor gets off the bike for the more challenging tracks and stands and yells at us. While, I am okay with this most of the time, there are times when the energy in the class severely decreases. Everyone slows down and begins to ride at a moderate pace when we’re supposed to be doing jumps or sprints. One of the great things about group exercise classes is that you feed off of everyone else’s’ energy to get you through the workout, so its hard to stay motivated when everyone else looks like they’re dying.
- TALKING DURING CLASS. It is commonly known group exercise etiquette that you don’t talk during the class. It is disrespectful to the instructor and to your fellow classmates. Also, if you’re talking then you’re probably not working hard enough
Anyways, since I had just taken both instructors available this morning, I decided to hold off my workout for later on this afternoon since I have the day off today. In this way, I have workout A.D.D. I need to switch things up constantly or else I get bored and unmotivated! This is a huge reason why I don’t usually follow a workout plan. I cannot sacrifice variety! Trying new things and pushing my body in new ways is what I love about working out. It makes things fun and working out is no longer a “chore” or something I have to force myself to do.
Also, I am a total morning workout person. Usually, if I don’t get my workout in first thing in the morning, its probably not going to happen. However, this morning, nothing sounded appealing! Not even a run on the treadmill while catching up on my favorite shows! I knew I wanted a group exercise class so I decided to take a new instructor for Body Works later on. Now I am excited for a new workout! Just comes to show that sometimes all you need is something new for a little motivation.
Seriously guys, SO GOOD.
This is amazing and it is part of their newly released line of products specifically for athletes (I workout 5 – 6 days/week and am constantly challenging my body so yes, I AM AN ATHLETE). While the protein content in this mix is not very high (Click on Nutritional Label for full image) it is specifically formulated for athletes.
Quality performance starts with solid nutrition. Taken any time during the day, this healthy meal is specifically formulated for athlete’s daily dietary needs.
- Milk protein supports lean muscle mass
- Carbohydrate blend provides immediate and sustained energy
- L-Glutamine supports muscle growth and immune function
- Antioxidant protection
EXCELLLLENT. DO EXPECT MORE HERBALIFE PRODUCT REVIEWS I’M LOVING THEM SO FAR!
A few hours later, I was ready for lunch. I halved STUFT Mama’s Green Chia Cookie Monster Dough Dip and had it was a sliced apple. I accidently deleted the picture thinking it had already uploaded But lets face it, it isn’t the prettiest thing (although, it is DELICIOUS!) to look at AND it was on a paper plate so its probably better that I have no picture, haha.
I needed something salty to go with the apple and dip so I made myself half a pita stuffed with ham, hummus, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, jalapenos and LOTS OF MUSTARD.
HOLY. I was STUFFED. I probably would have been satisfied with just the cookie dough dip and the apple, but it was all so good nonetheless.
What are your group exercise pet peeves?
Do you have workout “A.D.D.”? How do you handle it?